- Dr. Siegal’s Cookie Diet cookies are normal cookies, they are just low calorie and contain a special mixture of proteins that naturally suppress hunger.
- They taste like normal cookies, they are all natural, no artificial flavours.
- The cookies help control your hunger so that you can stick to a low calorie diet.
- Weight Losing Phase: 9 Cookies (1-2 cookies every 2 hours) plus Dinner (lean meat plus salad/veggies)
- Weight Maintenance Phase: Once goal weight achieved, eat healthy meals and enjoy the cookies as a healthy, low calorie snack between meals
Ans: Dr. Siegal’s Cookie Diet is a diet that was designed by Dr. Sanford Siegal who has been treating obesity for over 50 years. While he was writing a book on what natural foods suppress hunger, he decided to formulate a food, and the best vehicle he thought would be a cookie, as its portable, convenient and doesn’t need refrigeration. He has been using this diet for the last 37 years in his medical practice and has treated over 500, 000 patients successfully. Initially it was only available from 100s of doctor practices in South Florida, till son and CEO Matthew Siegal, brought the cookies to the world through the Internet in 2007, since then the diet has taken off, celebrities have been using it and there have been amazing results that have changed many peoples lives.
*Results may vary from person to person.
Ans: Half the battle with diets is convenience, the other half is hunger and this diet conquers both and gives you a way to keep the weight afterwards.
- Convenience: The cookies are so convenient as you have nothing to prepare or make up, you just take 1 bag of cookies with you for the day and eat 1 or 2 cookies every 2 hours, then dinner is a simple lean meat plus salad or veggies. Simple.
- Hunger: The success behind this diet is that it helps you stick to a low calorie diet (1000-1200 calories/day) without feeling hungry. Of course it takes a few days to adjust to the change in diet, but after that the cookies really suppress your hunger and help you stick to the diet without those pesky hunger pangs.
- Afterwards: Once goal weight achieved, eat healthy meals and enjoy the cookies as a healthy, low calorie, hunger suppressing snack between meals so you don’t over eat.
- Proof: This diet is not a fad, it has been going strong and only growing by word of mouth for the last 40 years.
The reason this diet is so effective is because it trains your body to eat the way its suppose to.
Weight Loss Phase: 9 Cookies a Day, 1 or 2 cookies every 2 hours (do not exceed 2 hours) + Dinner (250g lean meat plus salad/veggies) + Light exercise (20-30min walk, 2-3 times a week)
A lot people don’t eat for 5 or 6 hours, then have a big meal, and that causes the weight to pile on. In the weight losing phase, Dr. Siegal’s Cookie Diet trains your body to eat small portions frequently, this helps spike your metabolism throughout the day and facilitates weight loss. It also helps you get used to preparing one healthy meal per day (dinner).
The reason you WILL BE successful is 3 fold:
1. You don’t feel hungry so you can stick to this low calorie diet
2. The diet super simple & convenient, so it is easy for you to stick to it
3. You will be equipped to enter the weight maintenance stage
Weight Maintenance Phase: Healthy Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, 1-2 cookies inbetween meals + Moderate exercise (30-40 minutes of exercise, 2-3 times a week)
After you reach your goal weight you move to the maintenance phase. Now that your body is accustomed to eating small, frequent portions, you have had practice preparing healthy meals and you also have got into the routine of doing some light exercise, you are now prepared to scale that up slightly to prepare 3 healthy meals (can be found in our cookbook), and increase your exercise. The cookies you will eat in between your meals will help curb your sweet tooth and help control your hunger so you don’t over eat.
Ans: We don’t actually have the diet plan on the box, as people can use them as they please. There are people that choose to use them as a healthy snack alternative. However if you are interested in how Dr. Siegal has been using them in the U.S below are the details.
The purpose of the cookies is to control your hunger so you can stick to a reduced-calorie diet. They contain a particular mixture of proteins, derived from various food substances, that Dr. Siegal has been personally making in his Miami bakery since 1975. There are no drugs or added stimulants in the products.
The way Dr. Siegal designed it, and has been using it on over 500, 000 patients over the last 37 years is to have 1 to 2 cookies every 2 hours plus dinner.
For dinner, you have 500 to 700 calories. The dinner is flexible but should be high in lean protein; avoid sugar and lots of carbs.
We do have some recipes inside the box for dinner, however as a guide, 250g of lean meat (chicken, fish, lamb) plus salad/veggies that is about 500-700 calories.
- Overall you will have 1000-1200 calories a day.
- Each cookie has only 60 calories.
- It is advised to take a daily multivitamin (any brand) and at least 8 glasses of water.
- Tea and coffee is allowed (avoid milk, cream and sugar if possible – sweeteners are allowed)
The first few days will take you some time to adjust to the change in diet, but usually after 2-4 days you will find it very easy and convenient to follow.
The following table shows the Dr. Siegal’s Eating Plan. This timetable will work for most people who have a typical workday schedule. It assumes that you wake up at around 7am, work from 9pm to 5pm or so, have dinner around 8pm, and go to bed around 11pm. It also assumes that you will have your one “real” meal in the evening (but you can adjust the time to suit your lifestyle). Under this plan, you never go more than two hours without eating in order to reduce the opportunity for serious hunger to develop.
8 AM: 2 cookies (120 calories) 10 AM: 1 cookie (60 calories)
NOON: 1 cookie (60 calories) 2 PM: 1 cookie (60 calories)
4 PM: 2 cookies (120 calories) 6 PM: 1 cookie (60 calories)
8 PM: DINNER (500-700 calories) 10 PM: 1 cookies (60 calories)
If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to call us at 800-232-6986
Ans: Some customers find the cookies so filling that they do not get through the 9 cookies a day. It is a myth eating less means you will lose weight faster. 1000-1200 calories is ideal for weight loss, any less and your body will begin to hold on to your weight.
For best results, it is recommended to eat all 9 cookies (around 500 calories) plus the 500-700 calorie dinner.
Eating 1 or 2 cookies strictly every 2 hours has the advantages of:
1. Keeping your hunger under control throughout the day
2. Continually spiking your metabolism and not allowing it to slow down for better results
3. Training your body and mind to eat small, frequent meals
Its important that you eat 1 or 2 cookies every 2 hours, do not exceed the 2 hours as this helps keep the hunger in check as well as spike your metabolism. Also, if you are hungry have 2 cookies not 1, this should help control your hunger till dinner meal. Bear in mind, it can take a few days to a week for your body to adapt to a new eating routine.
- Weight Losing Phase: 9 Cookies (1-2 cookies every 2 hours) plus Dinner (lean meat plus salad/veggies) – exercise is not absolutely necessary as you will already be in a caloric deficit, but if you would like to exercise – only light exercise recommended (30min walk 3 times a week)
- Weight Maintenance Phase: Once goal weight achieved, eat healthy meals and enjoy the cookies as a healthy, low calorie snack between meals – intermediate to advanced exercise recommended based on fitness level.
- Exercising too much during weight losing phase may make your net calories too low and cause you to hold on to weight, so you might need to either decrease exercise during weight losing phase or add a 200-300 calorie meal in the day to make up for it. Everyone is different so you may have to do trial and error to find your optimal calorie intake for weight loss.
For best results, use the diet at least one month, and also measure your waist as well as your weight once a week.
Due to the high demand please allow 5-10 working days. We are doing everything we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Ans: Questions about medical conditions must be directed to your doctor. Show the ingredients to your doctor and always follow his or her instructions. We are actually a company owned and operated by Australian pharmacists. We recommend that you consult your GP before starting any diet if you are diabetic. Dr. Siegal has treated many diabetics with great success, however every case is different, so please consult your doctor, and if you or your doctor has any questions he can contact us directly on 800-232-6986.
There is nothing harmful in the cookies, they are normal low calorie cookies with a special combination of natural proteins that naturally suppress hunger.
Please see story here on cookie diet and diabetes:
Dr. Siegal has been using it on over 500,000 patients over the last 40 years.
Ans: Whilst pregnant or lactating, before going on any diet you must consult your doctor. Dr. Siegal’s Cookies do not contain any harmful ingredients or drugs. They are normal cookies, the only difference is that they are low calorie and contain a special combination of natural proteins which help control hunger. The Cookies may be taken in many ways. Having the cookies as a healthy snack alternative to chips, muffins or other cookies maybe the best way you can use it while pregnant/lactating.
Ans: On 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day, the typical person will lose around 11 to 15 pounds per month. Believe it or not, if you go much below that amount you’ll actually lose at a slower rate. That’s why it’s important to have 1,000 or more calories.Your rate of weight loss may vary due to the amount of exercise you get, your age, and your medical condition. But that’s a pretty typical range.
Ans: Unfortunately we do not supply samples packs as the individual bags in the box cannot be supplied without their box due to labelling, and we have exactly the right number of boxes for the packets. However we can assure you they are all baked fresh and we have received many compliments about the taste of all 4 flavours.
Ans: There are only 4g of sugar per cookie. During the weight losing phase when a user eats 9 cookies a day, the total sugar intake per day is 36g which is well below average daily sugar intake of an adult.
The reason the cookies contain sugar, is so that when a user stops using the diet, they do not put on rebound weight when they move to the maintenance phase or return to normal eating.
This amount of sugar does not raise red flag even for diabetic users as it is still below daily averages.
Ans: All of our cookies currently contain gluten. However a lot of our customers who have gluten intolerance have been using our cookies and taking GluteGuard tablets with great success.
Ans: All of our cookies currently contain milk. However a lot of our customers who have lactose intolerance have been our cookies and taking Lacteeze tablets with great success.
1 week supply = $49.95 = 1 box 63 cookies. 7 bags of 9 cookies. For weight loss phase use 1 bag per day.
1 month supply = $159.95 = 4 boxes of 63 cookies (one flavour)
1 month variety pack = $169.95 = 4 boxes of 63 cookies (one box of each flavour)
4 flavours: Chocolate Brownie, Cinnamon Oatmeal, Maple Pancakes, Butterscotch
Ans: A lot of our customers say, “It’s cheaper to be on the diet than off it!” How does that make sense?
The reason being is when your in the weight losing phase you’re eating 9 cookies a day plus dinner, dinner is the only meal you this diet doesn’t cover. So when you buy a month supply for $179.99, thats $44.99/week and that covers essentially breakfast and lunch for 7 days, so if you divide that by 14 meals that works out to $3.21 per meal and that’s definitely cost effective.
Ans: The cookies are a like a normal cookie, there are no artificial colours or flavours. Just incase you have any allergies note that they do contain gluten, wheat and egg and may have traces of nuts. However there is no strange or harmful hunger suppressing ingredients in them, the way it works is by using a combination of proteins formulated by Dr. Siegal to suppress hunger.
Ans: 2 g protein (containing Dr. Siegal’s Formula) 2g fat NO cholesterol 8g carbohydrates (4.5g of the carbs is sugar) 0.75g fibre 0.2g sodium
Total of 60 calories per cookie.
It can take a few days to a week for your body to adapt to a new eating routine. This will resolve.
It’s important to keep up your water to at least 8 glasses per day.
If you have constipation or diarrhea you can have a glass of Benefiber or Metamucil for a few nights to help.
It can take a few days to a week for your body to adapt to a new eating routine.
A headache or dizziness can occur from lack of water or your body reacting to less calories. This will resolve.
Its important to keep up your water to at least 8 glasses per day.
Dr. Siegal’s Cookie Diet cookies are normal cookies, they contain no drugs, caffeine or stimulents. They are just like normal cookies just low calorie and contain a special mixture of proteins that naturally suppress hunger. It’s like the difference between eating a packet of chips or a steak, because of the protein in the steak it makes you fuller for longer.
Dr. Siegal’s Cookie Diet Nutritional Facts